[time-nuts] WWVB Signal Generator

Andy Backus ANDREWBACKUS at msn.com
Thu Sep 6 17:17:34 UTC 2018

Instead of relying on the PPS to time the start of the simulated WWVB transmissions, I opted instead to rely on the Arduino timing functions and then refresh the data and the start every five minutes.  No WWVB clocks use the signal continuously; generally they all copy the signal once a day.

Also -- when the GlobalTop loses a fix it still puts out the RMC sentence, just without the lat and lon data.  And the PPS immediately stops.  I designed the parsing scheme to account for that.  How long that reporting would continue I don't know.

Andy Backus