[time-nuts] Can eloran Backup GPS?

Bob Martin aphid1 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 18:58:27 UTC 2018

Bob,

  I believe that information is transmitted with the eloran signal.
Way back when, I remember there was an added pulse called the LDC
pulse. I had to modify that pulse with each transmission based on
an input to the transmit timing unit from the computer.

I found the following on it:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~tmikulsk/loran/ref/eloran_ldc.pdf

Also, the article referenced previously on The Great Britain
system mentions that the differential corrections are sent on the
LDC pulse.

To be honest, I don't know if this addresses your "gotcha".

Best,

Bob Martin