[time-nuts] Loran-C Simulation

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 17:56:34 UTC 2018

Although eLoran is still being transmitted from Anthorn in the UK, simultaneously as master and secondary after the Lessay master closed down, it seems to have more of an experimental rather than "official" status these days and with no guarantees as to future availability.

Without wanting to invite too much further discussion as to the viability of Loran vs GPS I would like to be able to keep my Austron and SRS Loran kit up and running, and referenced to GPS if possible, if, or when, the Anthorn service is withdrawn.

Paul Swedberg's 2009 design for a Loran-C simulator looks to be ideal for this but the Ubicom SX B microprocessor seems to have long been unobtanium, so just wondering if Paul, or anyone else perhaps, has ported this to a currently available device or whether there are any other DIY designs available?

Nigel GM8PZR