[time-nuts] Radio time station transmitter using the Raspberry Pi

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 15:37:30 UTC 2018

I'm unsure whether this one has been mentioned:

  Radio time station transmitter using the Raspberry Pi

  https://github.com/hzeller/txtempus

"I am living in a country where there is no DCF77 sender nearby for my
European radio controlled wristwatch to get its time. So I built my own
'transmitter', taking the NTP time of a Raspberry Pi and generating a
modulated radio signal via GPIO pins.

"Since many other long-wave time stations around the world use similar
concepts of sending amplitude modulated time, other time services have been
added.

"This program is useful if you have a clock that otherwise does not get any
reception. Before running this program, make sure you follow your local laws
with regard to restrictions on radio transmissions."

Lists DCF77 WWVB MSF and JJY.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu