[time-nuts] Programmable clock for BFO use....noise

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:32:36 UTC 2018

As a suggestion I collaborate with a Canadian ham some 5 years ago using a
DDS as a BFO for the HP 3586. Those details were shared on time-nuts if
they are still in the archives.That worked really well. I recall he was a
VE3??? The 3586 had 2 crystals for the BFO while the entire rest of the
system was locked to a single reference. Adding the DDS really reduced the
BFO behaviors that we typical hams wouldn't really notice. It also sound
very clean.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL