[time-nuts] Programmable clock for BFO use....noise

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Sat Sep 15 03:31:34 UTC 2018

Would a mems oscillator such as a dsc6183 possibly work for you?  I'm
uncertain if the characteristics of a mems oscillator is compatible with
your application.

For odd frequencies I often head toward a mems oscillator since many can be
programmed to any reasonable frequency.   For example one can buy dsc6183
blanks and use a programmer to program it to your desired frequency.

The dsc61xx series happens to be one time programmable so you only get one
shot at it per blank.  The programmer is relatively inexpensive, but might
be more than one would want to pay for a one off.  I have found that having
a collection of blanks and a programmer is very useful since it allows me
to generate any frequency oscillator I need.

There are other mems oscillator models out there, with various specs and
programming (or not) options.