[time-nuts] 8 kHz problem in Wavetek/Rockland 5135A synthesizer

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 21:28:11 UTC 2018

So anyway, does anyone know of more info on the 5135A, or of how theguts may have been implemented in detail? Is there a repository of info on various synthesizers here somewhere?
I thought I had seen in the past some listings, comparisons, and maybe documents about them here, but nothing popped up in my recent searching.

--------------------------------------

Hi Ed,

I have never had any experience of the 5135A so unfortunately can't be of any direct assistance, but I have previously uploaded copies of some PTS manuals to Mediafire.

There's a single file that contains the manuals for the PTS-X10, PTS-160, PTS -250, PTS-310, PTS-500, and PTS-3200,

this is at...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qx0zf269iu7egzi/PTSmanuals.zip/file

Similarly I've just uploaded a file containing the manuals for the Rockland 5600 and Wavetek 5120A, and included in this file is also a copy of some notes I made regarding similarities of the modules in the PTS-160, Rockland 5600 and Wavetek 5120A, all of these seem to be derivatives of the original Rockland design........

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dih57j5c57lpa86/WavetekSynth.zip/file

I don't know if any of this will help with your immediate problem but that's possibly most, if not all, of what's publicly available.
I have seen other comments and web pages on the PTS kit but generally these seem to be to do with programming the BCD interface.

Nigel, GM8PZR