[time-nuts] Fwd: IFCS-EFTF 2019: Call for Papers

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:45:24 UTC 2018

I wholeheartedly endorse Magnus's recommendation regarding refereed
publications and presentations. Those of us who have made our careers in
academia accept the obligation to research and publish as critical to
promotion, tenure, even continued employment. Yes, it can be intimidating
at first. In the hypercompetitive world of academe you can take the
occasional pounding but the act of committing your ideas to print and
laying them before your peers sharpens your thinking, broadens and deepens
your knowledge, and brings you into contact with some very bright
individuals.

Go for it, gents. The rewards are plentiful.

Bill