[time-nuts] TS2100 OCXO Conversion, Revisited

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat Sep 22 20:14:05 UTC 2018

Fellow time-tickers,

	I finally broke down and bought, new (ouch), a couple of the correct
OCXO's (240-0530-D) for the 2100 direct from MTI. I'm deeply grateful to
them for extending a 'hobbyist' discount to me, once I explained what I
was doing and that I was a ham radio op, but it was still a chunk of change.

	Anyway... I've got the first one installed and cooking right now. It
has only been an hour or two, so I'm not expecting a 'Lock' light as yet.

	I've got the commands set right, I think, though I'm still not sure if
the gain setting should be -20 or 20. I'll play with it if I need to. If
anyone's come up with further news on this parameter, or others, I'd be
happy to hear it.

	A note to Esa Heikkinen: You had mentioned to me, in my previous
thread, that the tfp0 value of 00f2, and unchanging, was way too low and
wrong. I'm pleased to report, with the MTI oscillator installed. tfp0 is
now considerably higher and constantly changing.

	For those curious about the command structure of the root menu, please
refer to my earlier thread on the topic:
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2018-April/092078.html with a
subject title of 'TS2100 OCXO Conversion: Command exploration'

	Waiting and watching...

--
---
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR