[time-nuts] XKCD on time :)

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Fri Sep 28 19:09:38 UTC 2018

I'm also into mechanical watches (and am still lusting after one of the
analog clocks from the front of an HP 5061 Cesium), and watched a
fascinating video of a well known Japanese watchmaker (Masahiro Kikuno)
making a wristwatch which displayed this - the "trick" is to keep the
oscillator and hands moving as normal, and "simply" move the hour indices
around. Well worth watching - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1moRfIXCfak
 (skip to ~15 minutes if you want to skip the background)