[time-nuts] 10 MHz -> 16 MHz

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 08:52:09 UTC 2018

We use the ICS527 for many applications easy to get 80 or 160 MHz. in non critical applications I use an AC14. Have a small board, 14 and ISC only if interested have to look for it it is pre relocation. Juerg may also have one. Corby uses it in his latest HP5065 tests along with a AD9850 DDS.Bert Kehren
In a message dated 9/30/2018 2:00:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, michael.cook at sfr.fr writes:

How about an ICS525 or ICS527. IDT’s calculator allows a 0 ppm frequency error. You would need a sine-square converter for input.

> Le 30 sept. 2018 à 05:57, Tom Van Baak <tvb at LeapSecond.com> a écrit :
>
> What's a clever, simple, reliable (pick 2 of 3) way to get 16 MHz out of 10 MHz? Low phase noise isn't a big requirement and jitter doesn't need to be sub-nanosecond. The main requirement is perfect cycle count accuracy. This is for driving a 16 MHz microcontroller from a 10 MHz Rb/Cs/GPSDO. 10 MHz input is likely sine; 16 MHz output is 3v3 or 5v CMOS.
>
> Thanks,
> /tvb

People have only as much liberty as they have the intelligence to want and the courage to take.

Emma Goldman