[time-nuts] Lars GPSDO

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 20:22:41 UTC 2019

Jim
Your hitting the nail on the head with my questions.
Though I have quite a few GPSDOs, Berts results have my attention. I can
also tell that the solution you have should also be relatively low power
consumption. Lets see what his 24 hour test does.
That said changing to the DAC was a good idea, but that also changed the
software.
I agree on the SOT 23 technology. I have a microscope and can handle it
just barely.
There are smaller technologies like msop8s and hand soldering just doesn't
work. BGA's heck noooo.

Figuring out the offsets for a ocxo tends to be a challenge. Careful
measurements and behavior characterization since everything I ever pickup
is random flea market stuff.
Regards
Paul.