[time-nuts] Garmin GPS12XL V3.51

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 07:10:49 UTC 2019

Just checked my wonderful Garmin GPS12XL tonight. before midnight UTC I
checked navigation and UTC time and all was well. I did not bother to
check date for some reason. Well now April 6 2019 at 03:39:19 UTC I see
the time is 21 August 99 and no apparent way to change. The navigation
and time seem correct.

I heard there was a way to reset these to current date. Any thoughts?
Can I still use this as a tool for gathering waypoints with precision?

Joe Leikhim
==================================

Joe,

My 12 XL runs 24x7 so I tried switching it off and on, and the date and time
are still correct, but maybe that's stored data it's using?

When it boots, it shows 4.60 (1966-2003) as the software, so perhaps you can
update?  Whether that fixes the issue I don't know....

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk