[time-nuts] GPS week rollover

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Sat Apr 6 07:53:38 UTC 2019

The OP doesn’t state where he got the  « quote » from, but IMHO it is wrong. As I understand it.
The GPS epoch started at 0h 1st June 1980 and the week number roles at 1024 week intervals at 0h GPS time. When a leap second is added its as if the clock stops for a second so GPS time will be in advance of UTC buy the number of leap seconds added.  18 leap seconds have been added to date, so 0h GPS 07 april 2019 will be crossed at 23:59:42 UTC on April 6 as you indicated.