[time-nuts] GPS 50 bps recording today

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Sat Apr 6 21:29:28 UTC 2019

At 02:14 PM 4/6/2019, Tom Van Baak wrote:
>Would someone be a hero and record the raw subframe data from GPS
>today? It's only 50 bits per second (that's about 8 bytes/second) per SV.

I've two uBlox LEA-6Ts recording RXM-SFRB (0x02 0x11) subframe data
with crummy indoor antenna positions (rain prevents me from getting
'em outside).

I also have a uBlox NEO-7N recording the undocumented TRK-SFRBX (0x03
0x0f) subframe data, with a terrific outdoor antenna placement.

Too bad the tbolt doesn't seem to send the subframe data--lots of
those on the list.

I'm sure the gfz-potsdam.de archive will have the data in a couple of
weeks, but that's not quite the same as recording it yourself in
realtime, is it? ;-)

--
newell N5TNL