[time-nuts] HP 58540A GPSDO date

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sun Apr 7 02:38:19 UTC 2019

All this talk of GPS week rollover reminds me of a problem that I am having
with my HP 58540A since I moved. I can't seem to set the correct date.
Perhaps someone here knows the magic formula.

I am positive that when I had the 58540A running in my previous location
(NM), that I had managed to set the correct date. Ever since setting up the
58540A at my new location (NV), I can't set the correct date, no matter
what I try. I just messed with this again earlier today.

Upon a fresh powerup, the command :GPS:INIT:DATE 2019,4,6 does set the
date, but as soon as the 58540A gets the data from the satellites, it sets
the date to 1999,8,21. After this happens, the command :PTIME:DATE 2019,4,6
just gives an error.

During  powerup, the command :PTIME:DATE 2019,4,6 gives an error. After
satellites are acquired, the command GPS:INIT:DATE 2019, 4,6 gives an error.

As for the week rollover, since the 58540A was already on 1999, the
rollover didn't seem to make any difference.

Joe Gray
W5JG