[time-nuts] Week Number Rollover: Ashtech Z12

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Apr 7 14:43:17 UTC 2019

I was running my newly-acquired Z12 (with 1999 firmware) overnight,
capturing RINEX data via Lady Heather, using Cesium reference.

This morning Lady Heather showed the receiver still tracking satellites
and giving time, but the lat/long/elevation were frozen -- lat and long
were correct, but elevation showed -821 meters!  The receiver's own
display showed the same thing -- "99999" as the measurement count, GMT
time incrementing, unchanging lat/long/elevation, -821 meters.

I had to do a complete reset (wipe internal memory) to get the receiver
working again, but now it seems to be tracking normally.

I sent the RINEX file off to NRCan and it will be interesting to see
what the results look like.  If anyone is interested, the raw file is
available for study.

John