[time-nuts] Garmin GPS12XL V3.51

Joe Leikhim jleikhim at leikhim.com
Sun Apr 7 18:45:33 UTC 2019

John;
I read somewhere and I could be wrong, that if you select the autolocate mode it should correct itself. I did so on my older unit and it did not. Now I cannot get that screen back because it is synched. Also is yours a GPS12 or a 12XL? The comments on the Garmin site are more specific for the 12 model that it will fail and not supported while the 12XL is sort of weasel worded and does not specifically say it will fail hard.

There were suggestions elsewhere online to do a factory fresh restart somehow, but that the TCXO could be so far off the receiver won't reacquire a signal. Mine has low operating hours so maybe that would work.

My question is this. Why would the receivers be hard coded to a start date for the 1023 week register? Why doesn't the receiver restart that date whenever reset or turned on after a period of time? It seems like faulty logic to build in a defect like this.

"Message: 27