[time-nuts] Navsync CW25 undocumented messages

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 21:37:39 UTC 2019

After upgrading the firmware in my CW25, I took a look at the new firmware .bin file and found what looks like some undocumented / new messages and parameters.

I sent it requests for the unknown parameters and got back these strings:

$PRTHR,PPSO,0,0,100000*51
$PRTHR,MCNO,30*40
$PRTHR,IDNO,00*40

Does anybody know what the PPSO, MCNO, and IDNO parameters are?

The PPSO one sounds interesting... perhaps a PPS offset or cable delay setting?

Maybe MCNO is a signal level mask?  It returns 30, but my receiver is tracking sats with quite a bit lower signal levels.

I also found references to the following messages:
$POLYD
$POLYN
$POLYX
$GPRMX (?)

I tried enabling them but got no response.  The $POLYx messages are proprietary Navsync NMEA format messages.