[time-nuts] Nortel GPSTM TP13 positive or negative?

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 14:10:29 UTC 2019

No.  Mine is NTBW50AA-07.  I have no idea what the differences might be.
Yes, I also tried to re-purpose CDMA clock like you did.  Disconnected 9.8304MHz by removing a jumper chip near the buffer IC 7404.  Then I cut a trace so 9.8304MHz is not fed to any of the gates in that IC.  Feed an output from TP13 into one of the pads from removed jumper.  I interpreted various forum and mailing list posting that way, so I tried to do the same.

That didn't work very well.  I ended up with negative logic.  It functions; though, because basically, end of pp2s becomes the rising edge.  This is wrong and timing is not guarenteed.  Also, what I did killed pp2s as well as 9.8304MHz.  I undid all that and restored it to the way it was.

New method is, I built a board that takes the SAME input from TP13.  Using 74AC04, feed it to one gate.  Then feed that output to another gate.  THAT output goes to 2 gates at the same time.  Out from THAT is going to 100 ohm register each.  The other end of the registers are tied together and goes to BNC for output.  That gave me very clean and narrow PPS.  In retrospect, I could omitted the first two gates but I have no idea what kind of load PPS generation logic can take, so to be safe, I am buffering it.
Does that help you?

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
I'm stuck in a wormhole....  Hello, worms!