[time-nuts] Do GPS augmentation services improve 1pps?

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 01:55:28 UTC 2019

I'm wondering if GPS augmentation services improve a receiver's 1pps
output?  My specific interest is with the Novatel OEM6 series of
receivers (but this issue is applicable to other receiver types as
well).  With this receiver an external 10MHz oscillator can be steered
by the GPS receiver, so there is no sawtooth correction.  But there
are also capabilities to enable WASS corrections, and even the
TerraStar PPP positioning service that will give centimeter
positioning accuracy (with subscription $$$).  The question is, are
these corrections just applied to the position solution or are they
incorporated into the 1pps solution  somehow as well?

If someone has some enlightenment it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Skip Withrow