[time-nuts] Z3801 Power Supply Schematic

RICHARD GOLDING rngolding at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 14:46:06 UTC 2019

Many thanks to those who took the trouble to send me schematics of the Z3801a PSU.
I'm pleased to report that, using, the schematic, I was able to trace and fix the fault and that GPS lock led is glowing again.
The problem was a faulty regulator IC (U2 LM317) that had decided to produce 1.8V instead of 2.5V, which resulted in the PSU thinking that the input supply voltage was out of range.
It does seem a very complicated circuit for what could be straightforward voltage window comparator. i.e. 24R's, 8 Diodes, 3 regulators, a comparator and logic IC + a handful of Mosfets!
Thanks again for those that helped.
73 Richard, G3VZG