[time-nuts] Building new pods for the Spectracom 8140 using modern components

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Sat Apr 27 16:22:16 UTC 2019

Good work on the project, Julien.  I have a couple of the 8140 distribution
amps, one of which I use in my shop.  Instead of buying the line taps that
are supposed to be used with the 8140, I just disabled the 12V riding on the
output signal coming out of the amp.
I have another unit as a spart, but not modified (yet).  Your pods seem to
be good replacements for the line taps... Do you plan to publish the details
of your pods (schematics & PCB design)?  I might be tempted to build a few
for my own use.

Thanks for posting your project.  Nice work.

Dave M

<Snipped>