[time-nuts] Rooftop antenna and splitter

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 18:23:12 UTC 2019

Hi David,

No, no ground plane. Don’t really have a lot of room for that in the window.
Out of curiosity, how large of an impact have you found with a ground plane?

Btw, I love the pan!

Denny
============================

Yes, Denny, choosing the baking tray (IIRC) was fun - I wanted as large a
flat area as I could reasonably get, but it has to be magnetic.  I don't
recall what I took into the shop to test with!

Unfortunately I didn't make any specific measurements with and without the
ground plane, but I did see a noticeable increase in SNR.  Even a small e.g.
tobacco tin may help.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu