[time-nuts] OCXO pressure sensitivity before TCXO

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 5 13:39:23 UTC 2019

Hi

Keep in mind that all those designs date “way back” in terms of OCXO design.
The whole issue of pressure sensitivity really was not well understood / accepted
until the mid 1990’s. Up to that point the whole “is it pressure or something else”
thing was very much a hot topic.

In terms of an OCXO designed for phase noise (like the 10811), pressure is pretty
much a non-issue. It’s far enough down that it will only impact long term performance
and even then well below the daily aging spec on the part. Humidity is often
more of an issue on a 10811 than pressure.

Bob