[time-nuts] Thanks to everyone for the 10544A/10811A info + FE-10A

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Aug 6 23:05:13 UTC 2019

Hi

Back in the day, the DOD owned a lot of HP gear. For whatever reason, they were not very excited
about buying 10811’s from HP to maintain that gear. They (via their procurement arm) bought a lot
of 10811 “clones”. The clones (obviously) wound up in repair depots and then into repaired instruments.
Interestingly, this process started in the mid 1980’s. If you dig into the history of the 10811, that’s
pretty early :)

Bob