[time-nuts] Precision Time Protocol – Windows 10 implementation

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 14:09:23 UTC 2019

From: Adam Kumiszcza
[]
If I take into account single high elevation satellite with good SNR
(satellite 26 in the examples), the new placement and ground plane even
lowered it :(
I guess the real benefit of the ground plane would be if the antenna was
outside, or my measurement method was wrong?

Best regards,
Adam
===================================

Adam,

My gut feeling is that is you're seeing just a 1 dB change, it /may/ not be
worth bothering with.  On the other hand, don't throw dB away unnecessarily!
If the GPS can't "see" through the house (look at the polar plot), likely
tilting the puck down slightly (say 20 degrees) /might/ give a slight
benefit (higher gain for lower angle satellites).  If you're seeing six,
say, satellites at a minimum - likely it's good enough.

Not sure this list approves of "good enough" - LOL!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk