[time-nuts] Used ESE ES-911/GPS/NTP Master Time Clock

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sun Dec 8 19:15:31 UTC 2019

GREAT !

Surplus ESE units (like those from 911 system upgrades) have often been disconnected and in storage for weeks or months, before being posted on the auction sites.
This storage time plus age of the units (10-25 years), produce dead batteries — requiring their replacement.
As noted by Mark Sims, do not forget the replace the battery (if present) on the GPS receiver (Motorola M12+ in the ES-911) for reliable operation (holding config).
—
For bargain hunters, I picked up an ESE ES-160U Master Clock for $5.00 this summer (no GPS or disciplined oscillator option, BUT has time code outputs).
The millennial seller was selling as “not working, for parts” ... Replaced both batteries ($15), set the time with ESE computer application (via RS-232 port), and this master clock has been running “within a second” of my GPSDO.

greg
==