[time-nuts] Can a Nixie Tube Operate at 100,000 Hz ?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 21:59:11 UTC 2019

Greg
I would have replied to you offline. But no real email address just the
time-nuts.
Interesting video on the clock and brings up several questions as to why
LEDs are not suitable.
Always good to see Nixies have a use.
No way for me to communicate with the folks doing the actual work.
But I would believe that the Nixie shutoff can be accelerated with a
resistor to each of the actual numbers. Have been thinking about a diode
and negative supply. But it seems the delay in shutoff is due to the actual
number after shut off not having any channel to drain the charge off.
Not normally an issue for normal use. But this is a very edge case.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL