[time-nuts] Power supply for time source concerns

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 22 22:46:29 UTC 2019

On 12/22/19 1:18 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <1958104416.2586171.1577043445646 at mail.yahoo.com>, Taka Kamiya via t
> ime-nuts writes:
>
>> First question to the group is, how do YOU manage this problem?
>
> It used to be that there were only one kind of switching power-supply: The noisy ones.
>
> That is no longer true by definition, but there is no easy road to this particular Damascus.

My strategy is DC/DC converter to get close, and high PSRR LDO linear
regulator to the final voltage. Close attention to the DC/DC converter
input and output so you don't couple to the ultimate output through
radiated or parasitic conducted paths.

The LT3042 series regulators have high PSRR, are available with negative
voltages now, and can be paralleled for more current capacity.