[time-nuts] Power supply for time source concerns

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sun Dec 22 22:56:30 UTC 2019

Back when I used to accumulate time nuts gear, I also used to accumulate various linear power supplies (mostly surplus / used HP lab supplies.).

Approx 10 years later I should probably should look at the noise levels, regulation etc again.

I also have a 24 volt lead acid battery system for backup in the event of a power failure and for use if I want to avoid using AC powered supplies.

One of my nagging / never resolved issues was how to arrange for long term 24 volt backup power for my BVA OCXO.  The 24 volt backup battery bank is float charged at somewhat more than 24 volts, and I was hesitant to subject the BVA to those voltages.

The short term solution was to run the BVA from an HP linear lab supply that in turn is powered from a UPS.   I never got around to replacing that with something more elegant.

Mark S

mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099