[time-nuts] Microstepper

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 25 13:23:14 UTC 2019

Hi

Different sort of micro stepper. The 3D printing version runs a stepping motor
to improve the angular resolution. As you mention, the poles in the motor limit
just how well you can do. There are dedicated chips out there these days that
get down below the limits on any motor I’ve ever seen. They are available
on pre-assembled boards for not a lot of money per board.

The micro stepper Magnus is after is one to adjust the phase of the output of
his shiny new (to him) maser. Same name, different beast.

Bob