[time-nuts] PLL suggestions

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 31 21:57:53 UTC 2019

Hi

If you are talking about a conventional PLL, the days of pin programable single chip
devices are long gone. Indeed they didn’t last long “back in the day”. The most common
answer is to hook up a cheap micro to shoot the registers. You could also do it with an
FPGA. A lot depends on what is already in the system.

With logic, GHz, and a PLL involved, isolation to keep crud down will be part of the
answer …..

Bob