[time-nuts] Frequency standard

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jan 26 12:08:05 UTC 2019

On 1/25/2019 10:06 PM, Bob Albert via time-nuts wrote:
accuracy of only about 1 part in 20 million.  I want it somewhat better,
but no way do I need it 100 times better.  If I could set it within 0.1
Hz that would be fine - it would enable frequency

You're kidding yourself on the 1 part in 20 million.
The propagation effects are such that there is
doppler shift on the frequency that you hear that
is much greater than that number.  You really do
need GPS.

Rick N6RK