[time-nuts] TimeLab phase difference (slope sec/sec)

Chris Burford cburford1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 2 14:17:15 UTC 2019

Is the slope value for the phase difference shown in TimeLab an average
of the overall data sample duration? The reason I ask is that my service
manual for my RFS says:

/"//A faster way to make the comparison between the reference frequency
and the DUT is to use the time interval measurement mode of the
counters. In this case, the time intervals between the 10MHz zero
crossings of the reference frequency and the DUT are measured and
averaged. If this time interval changes by less than 10ps per second,
then the DUT is within 1 part in //10^11 of the frequency reference."/

I'm just curious if the phase difference slope value can be plugged in
to this equation.

Regards,

Chris