[time-nuts] 60 Hz frequency and phase measurement

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 03:08:40 UTC 2019

I built a 6 Volt filament transformer into a small metal box and connected
the secondary to a couple of 5-way banana jacks. In addition to the 6 Volt
output, I put a 100KΩ pot across the terminals with the wiper connected to
a third jack. That way, I can have any voltage from 0 to 6 VAC, avoiding
possible damage to sensitive front ends.

Jeremy

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 8:00 PM Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 03.07.19 um 01:25 schrieb Tim Shoppa:
> > Jim, most of us are satisfied to use a 6.3VAC filament transformer to
> step down from 120VAC and isolate from the power line.
>
> Exactly. I used an old 6 or 9V AC wall wart and a resistive 1:3 divider
> last year when the European grid frequency was low because of some
> trouble in the distant south-east. That gave a really stable reading.
>
> <
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/38870750440/in/dateposted-public/
>    >

> regards, Gerhard