[time-nuts] Switching 1 pps signal

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 10:24:38 UTC 2019

Hi Taka,
I made an 1:8 multiplexer with TE HF3 relays. They are specified up to 3
GHz, but the 'tree'-design has log2(8) = 3 levels - i.e. the signal always
passes through three relays.
in practice I got around 1 GHz -3dB bandwidth, which I think is OK for 1PPS
http://www.anderswallin.net/2018/05/mux-in-a-box/
I should measure and document the 1PPS rise-time/shape before and after the
multpliexer..

If someone knows of a significantly better relay than the TE HF3 at similar
price then that would be an improvement..

Anders