[time-nuts] A Research Proposal

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Mon Jul 8 02:39:24 UTC 2019

In Australia, we have a national grid. It's big.

National meaning all but a few isolated towns like Darwin, Perth. Perth
might be connected via a 1800 km HVDC line in the future... which is a
different story .... DC interconnectors....

So, I gather  someone  with their MASER in Adelaide could compare their
MASER to the 50 Hz over some period, and provide the relative offset of
the grid to others, so others  in australia also observing and averaging
over some period , could get a useful frequency reference from their
wall socket.

-which I gather is what people do , since i am new to this timing game.

That would have its limits depending on the ADEV of the mains . and the
use of DC interconnectors.

-glen