[time-nuts] A Research Proposal

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Mon Jul 8 05:50:58 UTC 2019

Since the direction of power flow depends on the phase angle between the synchronous source and load, it seems to me that the difference between the average phase angle in one region and that in another (at the ends of a DC transmission line) will tell you which way power is flowing.  I didn't claim that the amount of power could be determined.  It can't.

Disclaimer - I'm a mechanical engineer who has made a career in the control of physical machines.  I've been interested in the power line stuff since a visit to the PenJerDel region distribution control center in the seventies.  Now that I'm 81, there's probably some holes in that knowledge.

Bill Hawkins

P.S.  I don't know who Bob is. That's the address pobox gave me when I said "Reply to List"