[time-nuts] LT3042, etc. Re: HP E1938A schematics.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jul 9 05:30:37 UTC 2019

>> Not only are they low noise, but they have spectacularly good HF
>> rejection across the regulator up to 10s of MHz.

> In the 5071A, I wanted high bandwidth PSRR and stumbled across a designer's
> manual (HP internal document) for the MMS Modular Measurement System.  They
> described a regulator with a common base pass transistor and an op amp, with
> a bandwidth approaching 1 MHz.

I'm used to thinking that the bypass caps on the board will take care of high
frequencies.

What's the advantage of a PSRR in the MHz range?  Is it as simple as reducing
the number and size of the caps needed?

In this area, is there a significant difference between analog and digital
sections?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.