[time-nuts] Advantages of GNSS ???

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Tue Jul 9 21:36:08 UTC 2019

and non monitonicity in the device is the death of a control loops.

My attempts at building good OCXOs using cheap AT crystals in the 90s
was thwarted by.... non monotonic bending crystals !

And everytime they would wake up, the monitonicity would be in a
different part of the control curve....

and they exhibited hysteresis, like defined steps , this seems to be the
case with most crystals, the harder you looked, the more undesirable
imperfections you found...