[time-nuts] Neural net to control oven temperature ?

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Wed Jul 10 04:35:20 UTC 2019

Hi Chase

thanks for the email. thanks for the tip on use of logistical classifiers.

Agreed the PID (and  variations ) is a seemingly perfect fit , at least
at the top level.. My guess is that the type of disturbance the 'the
system' (affecting, ultimately, the set temperature) (the device) could
be classified (in real time) as a cause of different mechanisms, and for
a specific mechanism, there might be a more optimal solution to minimize
error.

My primary intrest in these things looking at new ways to do old things
better..  I like systems that predict the error that is coming, before
it occurs...so I like adaptive filter driven control systems . I am
slowly getting my head around alpha-beta and Kalmans as time permits.
The most popular neural net function is of course computers playing
games- feed it the history of 10,000 games and as Chase says, it figures
out the patterns of Y  in a sea of X

If anyone is interested in this stuff, you dont need to buy a dev kit.
You can do it all in Python. Or C . Once you understand the basics , it
is easy enough to program. If you dont understand the basics, you might
not be able to acheive a desired outcome.

There are quite a few good books on these subjects for Python for those
interested.

I wish I could go back to school and do a year or two on this stuff...

glen