[time-nuts] High accuracy temp controller ckt

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 19:29:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 20:02, Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Hi
> If you do go the TEC route, plan on a fairly big power source :). There is
> Wenzel doc on doing a TEC based enclosure using a couple of die cast
> boxes. The pictures don’t show what they used to drive the beast so part
> of
> it would still be up to you. My search skills and their web site are not
> quite
> compatible so no link …. sorry !!!

I'm particularly keen to avoid the requirement for high power, as I was
thinking to make this in such a way it can be shipped and powered up all
the time. If it could run from a few NiMH cells for 48 hours, that would
give the option of shipping it. I don't know if that's going over the top,
but it would be an interesting exercise.

--
Dr David Kirkby Ph.D C.Eng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd