[time-nuts] Galileo service currently degraded

Kevin Croissant kevin at kevincroissant.com
Sun Jul 14 00:23:44 UTC 2019

Thanks for the info Gary! I will check this out -- I am using the F9P for
another project now, so that might be useful.

Unrelated to gpsd...
I forgot about this until now, but I actually encountered a WNRO bug in the
U-Blox M8N (or possibly my library?) when my data collection was running. I
only have this screenshot now from the incident, but you can also download
data from the website around the WNRO timestamp and see that all
constellations stopped collecting simultaneously.
Screenshot: https://gnssperformancemonitor.com/time-nuts/wnro.png -- look
at "Server Timestamp" to see what time the glitches all actually happened
at.
It seems to me that the cause was that the u-blox M8N looked at GPS for
timestamps, even when you explicitly turn off GPS. I never did any more
investigation into it since the 9th gen was coming out and it shouldn't be
a problem again for a while.

Did anyone else see WNRO glitches with the 8th gen?

Kevin

--
Kevin Croissant