[time-nuts] HP5370A vs B version

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jul 19 19:48:22 UTC 2019

Hi

They both run hot and have “interesting” calibration procedures. Count on spending some time running
through this and that to get the best performance out of them. The B does seem to run a bit better, but
both meet the same basic specs.

The SR610 is a very similar device (with some similar calibration procedures). I would go for one of them
rather than the 5370. The 610 seems to be just a little bit easier to keep running.

If cost is no object ( … as if …) there are indeed a number of devices out there that now do a much better
job than the 610 or the 5370. Finding (say) a TImePod on the used market seems to be a bit rare ….

Bob