[time-nuts] HP5370A vs B version

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jul 20 16:11:00 UTC 2019

Hi

If you have a pile of 10811’s a fun experiment is to put them on power for a couple months.
Log the frequency once a day or so and watch how they “drift in” to whatever the final
frequency is. Because they are an un-sealed unit, power off storage is not kind to them.
Some take a long time to recover. A few never really seem to settle down. Since the ones
that don’t settle are not of a lot of use, they often head off to eBay and get passed from
hand to hand over the years. In some cases you *can* find a problem component. There
aren’t a lot of people who dig that deep *and* get it right.

Bob