[time-nuts] Trak 8810 Station Clock

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Jul 21 05:48:15 UTC 2019

Chris,

I'll post photos of my Trak 8810 if it will help with your restoration.
Yes, it contains a Magnivox MX 4200 OEM GPS receiver with serial
interface and 1PPS via SMA connector.

I fired up the 8810 for the first time since maybe the late 1990's and
after about 20 minutes it's tracking 6 SV, 13 SV visible, with good
looking lat / lon / alt. I'm not sure it's fully locked yet, but the
fact that it powers up and receives GPS is pretty cool. The blue EL
backlit LCD is weak but readable.

The FW version is 01.1, HC05 version 03-26-1991, 80188 version
12-14-1992. A nice old one.

For all of you wondering, the F-connector antenna input is for a
standard 5 V GPS antenna. I'm using a Trimble Bullet antenna.

I'll look to see if I have a 8810 manual; I do have one for the Trak
8812. For those of you relatively new to the group, Trak was a fine GPS
& time & frequency equipment maker from way back. To this day you'll see
national timing labs with gear made by Trak.

/tvb