[time-nuts] Frequency Stability Analyzer - ZCDs

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sat Jul 27 15:03:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

Yes, indeed, so for many purposes the 6957 is probably good enough, and
actually better than many classical approaches (i.e. direct
comparators). It is when you design for a fixed or very narrow range of
frequencies that you should consider rolling your own, assuming the
performance of the 6957 becomes a limit to what you can achieve.

Cheers,
Magnus