[time-nuts] FSA3011 Frequency Stability Analyzer

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Mon Jul 29 09:35:54 UTC 2019

   Hal,

   I thank you for the answer, but I'm not a scientist like many of you
   but just an amateur so I'm not able to do what you suggest.

   Unfortunately I need a plug and play tool without post processing.

   Luciano

   www.timeok.it

   Da "Hal Murray" hmurray at megapathdsl.net
   A timeok at timeok.it,"Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" time-nuts at lists.febo.com
   Cc hmurray at megapathdsl.net
   Data Sat, 27 Jul 2019 01:26:39 -0700
   Oggetto Re: [time-nuts] FSA3011 Frequency Stability Analyzer

   timeok at timeok.it said:
   > Another question is whether in the case of the FSA3011 there is the
   > problem of the timewrap that would not allow
   > the long acquisitions.

   Wha's the problem? If it's just running out of high order bits in a counting
   register, I can fix that with a post-collecting pass.

   You could hack the collecting software to do it. In one sense, it's nice to
   keep the collecting software clean and simple and log exactly what goes in to
   it, but if you collect enough data, then the extra pass gets annoying enough
   that I would take the time to fix the collection step and double check things
   so I'm pretty sure it won't turn into a source of problems.

   --
   These are my opinions. I hate spam.