[time-nuts] Synthesized Signal Generator query

Leo Bodnar leo at leobodnar.com
Wed Mar 6 19:34:13 UTC 2019

E44xx-AP/DP are a bit rubbish in PN department.  I have tested a few units at 1GHz and the results were within 1-2dB from the datasheet, so have a look there.  Don't even bother with -A/D models.
If you are looking for HP 8664A/8644B class performance, have a look at IFR/Aeroflex/Marconi 2041 and 2042.  Yes, they sometimes can be had for $1000.
Leo